About Dr Ester Haumann
From current research we know that the “body keeps the score” (Bessel van der Kolk, 2014), and that therapy sometimes needs to go beyond thinking and talking. I am therefore also interested in the mind-body dimension of the process of healing. Somatic Experiencing (Peter Levine), is a naturalistic psychobiological method for addressing physical and emotional trauma, and provides valuable tools in this regard. I also use Embodied Dream Work (Robert Bosnak), where embodied imagination is used to engage with dreams.
• 1975 - Graduated with a MSc in Clinical Psychology (cum laude) from the University of Stellenbosch.
• 1981 - 1982 - Lectured for two years at UWC.
• 1983 - Established private practice.
• 1994 - Senior Diploma in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, South African Institute for Psychotherapy.
• 1996 - Completed training in Hypnotherapy (Phase III) with the South African Society of Clinical Hypnotherapy (SASCH).
• 2005 - Completed a PhD in Psychotherapy from Rhodes University.
• 2009 - Completed training as a Jungian analyst at the Southern African Association of Jungian Analysts (SAAJA)
• 2009 - Became a member of SAAJA and the International Association for Analytical Psychology (IAAP)
• 2015 - Completed training as a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP) with the Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute.
I remain involved with a number of professional bodies, such as:
• Southern African Association of Jungian Analysts (SAAJA)
• South African Psychoanalytic Confederation (SAPC)
• Clinical Psychology Forum (CPF)
• International Association for Analytical Psychology (IAAP)
• International Association for Jungian Studies (IAJS)
• International Association for Relational Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy (IARPP)
• Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute